RE: [OM] long exposure vibration question and misc.

Subject: RE: [OM] long exposure vibration question and misc.
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 11:10:47 -0500
[dirk w.]
<< Has anyone tried manually actuating the aperture on an OM-1 with and
>w/o the mirror locked up to see if this helps? In other words, hold down
>the preview button on the lens with your finger while you trip the
>shutter. >>

[gary r.]
>I just heard from someone who tested all his Zuikos that way, not
>knowing about the self-timer doing the same. He is wondering why he only
>gets 40 lines per mm resolution maximum (versus about 104 for me).
>Might be food for thought.
>
>Holding the depth of field preview button down does nothing about the
>movement of the mechanism within the camera itself. It still makes a
>contact and an undamped one at that.

Since discovery of the OM-1 shutter shudders, I've been using the manual
firing on tripod technique more and more on all cameras, including the OM-1s.
I'm seeing differences among lenses, so I think it's the way to go, though I
am much more comfortable with it with physically shorter lenses.

Joel W.