[OM] A silly observation on Gary's lens test

Subject: [OM] A silly observation on Gary's lens test
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Aug 2001 13:26:56 -0000
I was looking at Robert M's table of max resolution and correlating it with
Gary's test score and came up with this observation. Gary's A score is
somewhere below 45lpm. This is based on Robert's table that the max resolution
possible for a lens at f/22 is 45lpm and Gary has a few A's and A-'s at f22.

Does this mean anything - not really - just curious if I missed something.

(by the same assumption a B+ is somewhere below 30lpm - there is one a- at
f/32 so I guess an A- can be below 30lpm)

In no way is this meant as a criticism of Gary rather I'm just trying to put
some bounds on the SQF portion of the ratings.

I'm also trying to correlate his scores with known MTF ratings. Why - as an
attempt to guess how non-om lenses that are untested by Gary might score based
on Gary's ratings :)

The big er blow to this is that if I remember correctly the G lenses didn't
score so well even though they have rather high MTF scores...

Aan