Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)

Subject: Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:32:29 +0100
As long as the term "obenned" were to be pejorative.  It would be
wrong to perpetuate the name with any sort of praise implied, as we
do with Doris, that clever lady.

Chris

At 10:13 +0100 20/08/01, Ian A. Nichols wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, andrew fildes wrote:

 Now - as the term Fang has become part of the list-speak, should we also
 incorporate the term Oben in a similiar way?

 Or we could claim to have
 been 'obened' when someone makes a completely unwarranted or scurrilous
 accusation - "I will not be obened like this..."

OK, but in the good old British tradition we'll have to use a double-n
to make the past participle, otherwise it will be just too easy.