Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)

Subject: Re: [OM] The Aussies (Was Tom Scales, watch your back.)
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 14:42:09 +1000
I was prepared to believe this one because a friend of mine scored a
bargain in the same town - probably the same dealer (town isn't really
large enough for two) - the local paper had dumped its Nikon bodies in
favour of digital and he bought a Nikon F4 with the trimmings and a basic
lens for USD$130. They even let him sort through the pile and he put
together the cleanest kit.
As to the owner being aware - I've noticed with the shift to digital that
many of the old sweats are bailing out and selling to new, technically ept
owners who haven't a clue what the old stuff is worth - that's why I got a
T32 for US$30 yesterday.
Think I might go for a drive anyway...
AndrewF