Re: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:45:23 -0400
I just spent the last two days with a photographer who now shoots the E10 exclusively. He has many N*k*n lenses and bodies, but needs the ability to tell immediatly if the photo is good, the option of emailing it, and the option of quickly importing it into PowerPoint or a desktop publishing program. I asked him if he had had any problems with the noise in pixels and he said the few he has experienced are quickly fixed in PhotoShop. I showed him the option of turning on the sound of the OM 1 shutter, and he just grinned.

He has all three lenses and is very impressed. When I told him about the planned new camera from Olympus/Kodak he was very interested. If Olympus will just continue to produce quality equipment the professionals will use it.

I want to send him the URL of the person who collected the Canon? TTL flash but have deleated the link. Could someone repost it for me please?
Thanks

Gregg

PS GR seemed to imply that the Olympus cameras weren't professional. Two questions, was he lumping all the OM bodies together, unlike his comparison with only two Nikon bodies, and is it fair to compare a new body with one over 10 years old?

What has really killed the use of OMs by professionals is the lack of a pro level
autofocusing system.