Re: [OM] Moderator on List

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderator on List
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:32:03 -0500
I agree with C. H.  The suggestions seem to me far too restrictive,
draconian even.  Part of the charm of the list is the way personalities
develop, often through OT posts.  Putting newbes on an 18 month
beginners list will just discourage them joining.  I too am glad to get
rid of spammers and worms but these suggestions are anything but
democratic and, I believe, would kill the list in short order.  The OTs
can get annoying, but, on the whole, I often enjoy them as much as the
camera talk.

Obviously others will disagree but lets think carefully before making,
or imposing too many rules.

Keep it simple and show some tolerance.  My 2 cents.

Jerry Liles