Re: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus

Subject: Re: [OM] Galen Rowell on Olympus
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:51:40 -0700
I don't know Galen Rowell, but although he is clearly a well-respected writer and photographer, that piece was pretty rhetorical. It was entertaining but it was after all only an expression of his opinion.

It's jolly good that he and his wife are lucky enough to be off into the Peruvian jungle, presumably on a very interesting photo expedition, but his opinion of Nikons, Rebels and Olympus are purely incidental and relate to that article and its readers.

I hope that that makes sense... (it's late you know and it's a Friday).

Chris

I agree. It is also called anecdotal evidence which does not prove anything. Everyone has an anecdote to bolster their point of view. His remarks were not mean spirited in tone.

There has certainly been enough discussion of OM4/4T lock up with substandard batteries to substantiate potential failures in the field of Mr. Rowell's Olympus carrying colleagues who may not be as battery wise as this list. - It is nice that he has colleagues who carry Olympus, isn't it? Since he roped up and climbed rock faces to take those spectacular climber pictures it is also nice to think that the pictures of him doing that were taken with an OM4Ti by one of his colleagues.

Using OMs as hammers against Nikons? Geez, it has been a tough week, hasn't it?

--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California