Re: [OM] 18mm vs 16mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 18mm vs 16mm
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:19:07 +0100
Thanks a lot Skip, Bob, Walt and Jim

The information was just what I needed.  I think that I have what I
need already ... there, how's that for a cured Zuik? :>).

Chris

At 15:52 -0400 16/08/01, Skip Williams wrote:
(I'm going to say-as-I-do, for maximum CYA here)

I'd get the 16/3.5 if you have the 21/3.5 and forego the 18/3.5.
Why?  I like to take immersive panoramas, and the images from the
16/3.5 are much easier to correct for stitching.  If you REALLY need
the extra 8 degrees of FOV, buying the 18/3.5 is a pretty expensive
way to get it.  You could also shoot pictures with the 16 and unwrap
the fisheye effect digitally to get about the same FOV as an 18.

Just my 2 cents though.  Your milage may vary.

Skip