Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol

Subject: Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:00:43 +0100
Allright, slacker yourself ;)

Please mail me an 18/3.5 (for keepers, natuurally, I cannot be bothered to do
return shipping), and I will proise to make exhaustive testing of polarizing
filters for you.

No, seriouslly...it's the first time I've been called a "slacker" for ×not×
owning a piece of equipment - mostly such adjectives are used about me when I
do not have the spine to pass up an offer on gear (yes Bernd, I mean YOU, I
Blame YOU ×grin×!) Ohh, well ;)

But if I was you, I'd take the lens, mount a  camera onto it, take it to the
loal filter-pusher with a cheap film. There, I'd try to take a few shots with
each of the filters he has (shots of the box of the filter currently being
tested) to see if there is vignetting.

Of course, I am fortunate to live in a place where there are photo shops
stocking more versions of a filter in even large diameters. This may not apply
to you (which is where the "donate an 18/35 to Thomas" comes handy as a saver
for you ×gg×).

--thomas

(stil bored in the sky)