Re: [OM] question about using 35 shift

Subject: Re: [OM] question about using 35 shift
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 02:26:12 -0500
J. Lind wrote:
<snip>
"My procedure is: stop open >> compose image (including shift) >> focus >>
stop down >> set exposure >> make photo."
<more snip>
"Occasionally I've stopped open to double check focus or
between frames and forgotten to stop down again.
Yes, you can use it with the camera in auto mode."

Thanks John!  I must have forgotten to stop down and generally not thinking
at the time.  I was in a hurry and kind of going on reflexes.  There was
something else going on b/c I had some overexposures too.  At least I know I
was trying to do it right.

J. Lind also wrote:
"Don't keep us in suspense!  What was the solution to the shift creep."

Hold the lens so that you are looking at the rear element (rear cap on is
fine).  Shift the lens up to expose the felt light seal.  Look closely for a
small hole with a flat-head screw recessed in it.  Tighten this screw as
needed.
FWIW, it only took a very small turn to fix the problem.

--p.j.