Re: [OM] OT: Pentax K-1000 lens suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Pentax K-1000 lens suggestions
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:47:13 -0700
Barry:

The K-1000 is a very basic SLR.  Imagine an OM-1 without interchangeable
focusing screens, provision for motor drive, removable back etc.  It
uses Pentax "K" mount lenses, which are very common.  You used to be
able to get an adapter to use Pentax M42 (screw) mount lenses, but I
don't know if they are still available.  I believe that the newer "KA"
mount will also work with a K-1000.

>From a quality standpoint, they probably want to stay with the Pentax
brand. A camera used by high school students will see "severe" duty.
They should be able to pick up a SMC (Super Multi-Coated) 135 mm pretty
cheaply.  They could add a 2X convertor, and have a 270 mm focal length.

I owned a K-1000, and was very happy with it, until it was stolen out of
my car.  They are a great learner's camera.

Bill Stanke