Re: [OM] Under /overexposure again sorry

Subject: Re: [OM] Under /overexposure again sorry
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 14:15:43 -0700
On Wed, 15 August 2001, Marcin Kost wrote:

> Hi !
>      Oh my not very best english !!!!
> The situation is: a room to dark to take shot without flash, but I do
> not want the flash light beeing to strong. I want the flash to fire with
> less power than TTL want to. I want flash to underexposure
>     I want to use flash in TTL mode. And the question is how  force the
> flash to
> underexposure. Normally i did it by increasing the film speed value on
> the ASA
> dial ring. Is there any other method? (Camera in manual mode)
> Sorry that I send it for 2nd time, but now I think it is clear enough.
> Regards and sorry for my english I am not using english language to much
>
> Marcin

Don't apologize for the English.  Yours is better than a lot of what I
encounter on a daily basis from many whose native language it supposedly is.

As for the flash question, you're on the right track.  Fooling the camera by
changing the film speed is the best way to go.  Actually, using TTL mode, it's
the only way.

Walt