[OM] SIngapore OMers

Subject: [OM] SIngapore OMers
From: Adi Soon <adisoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:42:48 +0800
Greetings everybody,

I've been lurking on the list for a few weeks now and find it a great resource for questions and answers. A little about me first. I am currently in my last year in university, been photographing for the last 8 years now starting with Nikon and gradually using Leica M exclusively. I've always admired the OM system from a distance. For as long as I can remember I have devoured articles on the OM system and have kept a lookout for OM equipment whenever I went down to the camera shops. However this being Singapore, with OM stuff being hard to come by, it never occured to me to take it seriously as a alternative.

This all changed on my recent trip to Europe 2 months ago. I happened to be in in Prague when I saw a black OM2n and 50f1.8 in the window of a camera shop. It was a beautiful sight and being that the price was just under $200 US, it didn't take me long to decide. From that moment on, my Leica M6 rarely saw the light of day. My OM2 performed beautifully all over Europe. With my consciousness awakened, I kept looking out for lenses that would broaden my options.

And upon returning home, I joined the OM list.

A few questions for all,

1. I bought a Beattie Intenscreen since the original one was really bad. Having spoiled by the clarity of the M6 viewfinder I just had to do this. The Beattie performs very well in low light, however in daylight the viewfinder image just doesnt have the sparkling clarity that I would like. The best viewfinder I remembered using was the Contax and Leica R ones. It may be too much to ask this but is the 2-13 screen comparable?

2. I am interested in getting an OM4Ti Black and 300mm4.5 in user condition. anyone have such items for sale?

3. Any OMers in Singapore or Malaysia that I could get to know?

Thanks for your time.

--Adi