Re: [OM] Astrophotography (Afterthoughts)

Subject: Re: [OM] Astrophotography (Afterthoughts)
From: "Mark Hammons" <astaire@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:26:46 -0500

> Don't forget that this year is predicted to be the peak of the 33 year cycle
> for the November Leonids. This year it may be possible to see a meteor
> "storm" with rates up to 1000 per hour or more. It is an event not to be
> missed. I will post links and more information as I get it.
>
> Mike V. <><

Supposedly calculations have been done and the earth will pass thru the
densist part of a Leonid stream when the USA is in daylight.  Supposedly
the best place to see this storm peak is Australia.

There is at least one tour I am aware of being planed to Australia from
the USA to view this storm. This group is apparantly going to view from
somewhere in Central Australia near Ayer's (sp?) rock.

Any of our Aussie, New Zealand and Pacific Rim members may want
to keep this in mind.

Mark Hammons