Re: [OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs Zuiko 90 f2 Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 85 f2 vs Zuiko 90 f2 Macro
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:36:45 -0400
First my take on the 90/2 vs 85/2. The 90/2 is quite a brute of a lens, and not one I'd take just anywhere. The 85/2, as Tom pointed out, is VERY compact and produces very nice images. Both would be the "easiest" solution. I just got my 85/2 about 4 weeks ago, and I'm very pleased.

Second, the discussion of alternate solutions to the 90/2. I would second taking a 50 Macro as a companion to the 85/2, although I think the 50/2 is a bit more versatile and a bit faster than the 50/3.5. It would make a good pair with the 85/2, and these two accompanied me on vacation 2 weeks ago along with the 21/3.5 and I didn't miss my 90/2 one bit.

Third, I was playing around with the 135/4.5 & Auto-Tube last week and I was surprised at the versatility of that combo. You get a macro with a very large working distance, which is good for insects. And you get a general purpose 135, which I used for a few portraits wide open (no slides back yet though). The downside is that the combo is very heavy and bulky.

So once again, the OM system, with its multitude of Macrophotography options, keeps us all engaged and interested in the production of images, while feeding our unholy desires for more equipment. You get the best of both worlds; as long as you use the equipment. Otherwise you only get an empty wallet and a full cabinet!

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.