Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:58:30 -0600
On 11 Aug 2001, at 18:30, andrew fildes wrote:

> In my experience, only Americans think that PayPal works well for overseas
> buyers/sellers.

Canada isn't "overseas" in relationship to the States, but PayPal works
"good 'nuff" in my opinion.  I don't like their surcharges, but it's alot less
hassle than what cashing money orders has become.  Btw, PayPal
does transfers to either my Visa or regular bank account, and both are
Canadian.  Not sure why they'd want you to open a U.S. account?

The best way for offshore folks to use PayPal, IMHO, is to accept
payments and then leave the funds in PayPal and use them for
purchases.  That way, you avoid the exchange rate and other
surcharges that apply when you withdraw PayPal funds.  Maybe that's
why Jaap isn't using PayPal...  because he isn't making purchases???

Just my humble opinion, of course!  YMMV!

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca