Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:07:49 -0500
One option is to send a 'bank draft' or 'foreign draft' to him.
I did this to get a macrophoto stand, XD-E base and some other goodies
(thanks Rudy).  I'm not sure where you live, but a reasonably large town
(250,000 in my case) should have a bank that can do one of these.  I know of
another person that had to order one from another city.
Anyway, you take them cash (or check if you have an account), pay a fee
($10.00 in my case) and they will give you a check in whatever currency you
want (Guilders for you) drawn to a bank in the destination country.  The
last part is important.  You want it in the correct currency and from a bank
with an address in the Netherlands.  That way it (should) be just like any
other check.  Of course, I'm not sure it would be any different than cash.
i.e. I don't think they will replace the $, like a money order, if it gets
lost in the mail.
You can then send it registered/certified/under lock-and-key with signature
required....or just send cash.
Maybe it is different for Jaap, but it worked beautifully for Germany.

HTH,
--p.j.