Re: [OM] X-Rays and my film....

Subject: Re: [OM] X-Rays and my film....
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:48:41 -0500
The list consensus seems to be that taking your film in a ziploc bag and
asking for a hand inspection is the best way to go.  Others have also
suggested repacking all film in the translucent Fuji containers so they can
see that it is film...then again someone else said it is better to have it
in the boxes so it doesn't appear as though it has been tampered with.
I don't fool with the lead film bags b/c of the weight and b/c inspectors
want to send it through the machine when they see the bag.  If someone gives
trouble I say it is professional film and more susceptible to x-rays than
other film...and act like I know what I'm doing :-)
It's really a crap shoot, but hand inspection seems to be the best way to
go.

HTH,
--p.j.