Re: [OM] Films for Palmyra

Subject: Re: [OM] Films for Palmyra
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 02:43:32 -0500
>What about posting the exposed films out to someone you know who can be
>trusted to refrigerate them (or even take them to your specified lab for
>development)?
This is what I'm probably going to do.  The plan is to stick everything in
the refrigerator when I first get there.  I will pull out 5 or 10 rolls at a
time.  Each time I get some film, I put the exposed back in the
refrigerator.  I'm going to take postage paid priority envelopes so I can
send exposed film home where someone can refrigerate/freeze (which is
better?) it for me until I return.

>I recall there is a plane in every 10 days, the film shouldn't
>suffer too much damage in maximum of 10 days...
Not exactly :-)
There is a flight which arrives on August 31st (I think).  I suspect the
plane will stay on island until the guests return to Hawaii.  That will
probably be 5-7 days after it arrives.
Unfortunately, there is only one confirmed flight after that 1st group.
After 6 weeks a plane will come down with a new group of volunteers working
on the rat eradication program and take the old group back to Hawaii.  There
may be more flights, but there might not be either.

On a different note, I want to thank everybody again for offering so many
useful suggestions and answering my questions.  I've had great fun reading
every message and learned some things along the way.  Thanks!
--p.j.