Re: [OM] Films for Palmyra

Subject: Re: [OM] Films for Palmyra
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:09:13 -0700
But alligators choose decaying organic matter which can rise to quite high temperatures, and turtles use beaches in the sun. My experience is that even in beach or desert sand, if you dig down a ways the temperature is much lower.

Gregg

I think that the experience of a hole as being cool occurs only in the temperate zone. Remember that alligators and turtles bury their eggs so that they do not cool off and maintain hatching temperature.

In the tropics?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California