Re: [OM] Not so much a "What to take" but more a "how to take it"

Subject: Re: [OM] Not so much a "What to take" but more a "how to take it"
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:15:15 +0200

Sam,

In over 570 air flights over the last 20 years I've never had my hand luggage
weighed.  If it looks too large then that'll make them 'interested' so pack it
densely in a small bag and carry it as if it is featherlite.
.
You can also read the small print and I think it still allows you, as well as
the 5kg hand baggage, to take reading material for the flight, a coat, a purse
(women only?), a small camera, ... so as we all know OMs are 'small', hang one
body/lens around
your neck!

Of course YMMV!
best regds
Jez

Sam asked:

The airline (like most) have a 5-Kilo limit on hand luggage and charge extra
if you go above that. The kit that I'm planning to take (including the
backpack)  weigh getting on for 9 kilos, so the question is, what can safely
be put in the hold luggage.