Re: [OM] [Was: Not so much a "What to take" but more a "how to take it"

Subject: Re: [OM] [Was: Not so much a "What to take" but more a "how to take it"] - Now *OT* The Palmyra Murders
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 21:28:30 -0500
>In one of  P.J.s URLs was a story about a Spanish sailor who claims he and
>the other sailors on his ship salvaged the booty from their sinking ship
>and buried it under palm trees on the island.  Maybe you should take a
>shovel to "bury the rats" .  But always dig the hole deep and under palm
>trees.  Would a metal detector help too?
LOL!!!
Actually, we will be burying the rats.  I'll be sure to take cores under all
the palm trees before we decide on the spot.  I mean, how many palm trees
can there be?  A couple thousand...and I'm sure they are the same ones that
were alive in the 1800's :-)
I'm not sure the metal detector will help.  I think the navy left enough
stuff that it might interefere with the shutter magnets in my camera.  There
is so much rusting stuff around that I was able to get a tetanus booster,
which are in short supply worldwide.

>If we keep adding weight there will be no room for clothing, only sun
>block. :-)
Did I mention that I have to take my own snorkeling gear, fly fishing
equipment and laptop computer?  I'm looking at a couple disposable cameras
at most right now!  They said people with specific dietary restrictions need
to bring their own food.  Maybe I should get a couple cases of soy milk and
load the cartons with gear :-)

I'm realistically looking at taking a lens or two and a body and trying to
get them to bring down more gear on the next flight, 10 days after I arrive.

...better get back to packing!
--p.j.