[OM] re: MTF and PHOTODO

Subject: [OM] re: MTF and PHOTODO
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 7 Aug 2001 12:13:40 -0000
One problem I have with the MTF readings (at least on photodo) is that they are
for a single focal point (infinity).  Other than landscape, how many of your
photos have the subject at infinity ???

I have not used the Zuiko 28f2 but it would not surprise me if this lens
performs better at non-infinity focal points given my experience with some
zuiko lenses (does this lens have a floating element design?).

Of course the tested lens might have been a bad sample.

Hum - also there is a lot more to a lens then raw sharpness... but I think
that topic has been beaten to death.

Alan