Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 23:57:21 +0000
At 02:24 8/7/01, Jeff Bellin wrote:
Anyway I also got the extension tube with it. So now my question is;  is
there a "light loss" when using the tube and if so how much do you figure
it would be? Are we talking an f stop or so?

Thanks again to everyone for their help,

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA

Additional note: When thinking about probable subject brightness and planning likely exposure settings for film speeds, f/2.5 is 1/3 stop faster than f/2.8 (and therefor 2/3 stop slower than f/2). It's not an exact "half stop."

-- John