Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:50:20 -0400
When you attach the tube to the back of the Tamron, it will have a new indicator that shows the new f stop. It will be one stop less, that is f5.6 is now f8.

Gregg

OK, so now I went and got the 49mm version of the Tamron 90mm 2.5 and it
really does seem to be extremely well made. At least to me the "fit and
finish" are great. It may be a little on the large and heavy size but for
me the feel more than makes up for it. It seems to have a lot of metal in
it.
Anyway I also got the extension tube with it. So now my question is;  is
there a "light loss" when using the tube and if so how much do you figure
it would be? Are we talking an f stop or so?

Thanks again to everyone for their help,

Jeff Bellin
Newton, MA