Re: [OM] Various camera and lens problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Various camera and lens problems
From: Roger Wesson <rwesson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:45:09 +0100 (BST)
I've just managed to fit two parts back together.  I'm no expert on the
inside of lenses as this is the first and probably last I've ever taken
apart, but yes, I think it has unscrewed via the focussing part.  It's a
Soligor lens.  When I got it it had a great big black bit of much on the
rear element but it cleaned off easily and it was quite a decent lens.
Here's a picture I took of Volcan Arenal in Costa Rica with it:

http://www.centralamerica.f9.co.uk/photos/007.jpg

Cheers,
Roger

 --- Roger Wesson <rwesson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >
> Well, I had a fiddle about with the lens, pulled it
> around a bit and to my
> surprise it unscrewed into two parts.  Fiddled some
> more and one of the
> pieces also unscrewed.  Now I can't seem to put it
> back together and I
> have cut both my index fingers trying.  Irritating!

Has it unscrewed via the helicoil focussing part? What
brand is it exactly?

Chris