[OM] Re: Various camera and lens problems

Subject: [OM] Re: Various camera and lens problems
From: Roger Wesson <rwesson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 02:40:33 +0100 (BST)
Aha, I didn't explain myself properly - the film doesn't get stuck.  The
handle turns around OK, it just doesn't pull the film along, or doesn't
pull it along a whole frame's worth. Usually I notice but sometimes I
don't and I get overlapping shots.  When it happens I usually cover the
lens, take shots and wind until it catches again. This sometimes happens
after a couple of attempts but often takes a lot longer.  Sometimes I just
give up and rewind and load a fresh film.

Roger wrote:
>Two problems - one is that my OM-1n sometimes doesn't advance film
>properly.  Every 5 or 10 rolls, after about 20 or 25 shots, it'll stop
>pulling the film around.  As it happens mid-roll, surely it can't be the
>way I'm loading the film?  Any thoughts, anyone?

Is it really dead stuck, or just jammed (i.e movable with a little
force)? Can you "help" the film forward by turning the rewinder crank?

Henrik Dahl