Re: [OM] Zuiko Shift 24 mm question

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Shift 24 mm question
From: RK <rk1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 00:46:33 +0530
"C.H.Ling" wrote:

> Yes, the leather like thing is the lens cap.

That's odd; the 24 shift I picked up recently from fellow list member
Sunil Manga had a proper metal slip-on cap with Olympus embossed on the
front.
On the other hand, a 14/2.8 Tamron which I also collected recently does
have this leather thingy. I complained bitterly about this to the Tamron
dealer and even showed him my Oly shift cap which almost fits the Tamron.
After the cap was admired by all in the shop, it was returned regretfully
to me with the words that they don't make them like this anymore!
RK