Re: [OM] Newbie with a question

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie with a question
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:54:24 -0500
>Thank you for your quick reply. I guess I basically
>bought a $50 paperweight since all this thing has is a
>small plastic stopper at the end that screws in,
>nothing more. I'll contact the guy I bought it from,
>and pray he returns my cash.

Hello!
Sorry to hear that you bought the item.  Tell the seller that it was
advertised incorrectly and that he should accept a return.  I asked him why
it didn't have the tripod block, and he said it wasn't supposed to come with
one.  His reason was that it was a replacement.  I disagree...but that's
another matter.  What is very important it that the item is not complete.  A
new/demo should have all the parts.  There should be two plastic pieces that
screw into the ends.  It only has one.  I pointed this out to him and he
didn't change the auction description.  Feel free to contact eBay if he
doesn't give you any satisfaction.
That's just my feelings and others will certainly disagree.

Good luck!
--p.j.

BTW, you could hang on to it.  Sometimes people split up items that should
normally be kept together.  For example, a seller had the focusing stage,
tripod block, slide copier and maybe something else.  They sold the slide
copier and tripod block together and sold the focusing rail alone (or maybe
with a focusing stage).  Anyway, maybe you will pick one up!