[OM] OM-2n, etc.

Subject: [OM] OM-2n, etc.
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:47:45 +0100
Probably a bit late now to be asking, but is £160 a good price for a good
(v. good) condition OM-2N ?  Oh well, hope so 'cos I've bought it already !

Bought as a replacement for my knackered OM-10 (usual problems).  Seems
lovely so far - the manual ability of the OM-1 (love them - my father has
one) with the "automatic" ability of the OM-10.  Only small flaw so far is
the speed display in the viewfinder - no LED's, just a needle.  Great until
you're photographing something in dark conditions !!  If that's all I find
wrong I'll be more than happy.

Just time to say thanks to all who gave me advice on choosing new camera,
and to those who contributed to / wrote the various FAQ's, etc., which
proved very useful in making my choice.

As a final note, the shop I bought it from had an OM-3Ti in beautiful
condition for £799.  Not sure if this is fair or not, but I believe these
are quite rare.  Also an (early) OM-4 (not Ti) in somewhat "scratched"
condition, but only for £199.  If anyone is now wetting themselves at these
prices, let me know and I'll pass on the web address / phone no.  Not sure
if these are silly (cheap), silly (expensive) or just normal prices.

Right, better brace my bank manager for the huge amount of accessories I'm
going to want to buy now .... Motor Winder, etc ....

Jon Mitchell