Re: [OM] OTF metering vs Spot/Mem/ESP / OM-2S Program Flash. For Curtis.

Subject: Re: [OM] OTF metering vs Spot/Mem/ESP / OM-2S Program Flash. For Curtis.
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:28:04 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/01 5:20:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx writes:

I have been using my OM-4t for about 60 days.  The spot metering is really
great if you have a significant difference in lighting from the dark part of
the scene to the brightest.  It will reach into a scene and pluck out a
reading of the bright side of the scale and then average it with subsequent
spot readings.  Another thing it will do is wieght the readings to your
wishes.  For instance if you meter a spot in a scene by pressing the  "spot"
button twice and meter a third spot meter reading of a different area the
camera will give 2/3 weight to the first two.  With a little thought you can
really control the lighting that the film finally sees.  The OM-4t has
creative capabilities that are gonna be fun to expore.

Dave Dougherty