[OM] Lens disassembly

Subject: [OM] Lens disassembly
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:58:33 +0000
I've got an old Sigma 400mm f5.6 that needs a little work done to it and
am hoping
someone on the list can help me out. The focusing ring grease has dried
up and the sliding lens hood slides so well that I have to wrap rubber
bands around it to keep it in place. Question is...what is the best way
or correct way to take it apart?
Does the front element assembly unscrew or do you go at it from the
mount end of the lens? This lens has been replaced by a 400mm f4 so its
not used a lot any more so if I
tear it up it's no big loss. Any info would be appreciated.

later,
mike m.