Re: [OM] [OT]Odd question, an end...

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]Odd question, an end...
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 05:50:40 +0100 (BST)
Well sorry if I came across as anti American, in fact
there are many things that are so right in America
that other countries should take note of. For example
on the job interivew I had in Boston on monday, I had
a tour of the company and was bowled over by how
organized, efficient and well planned everything was,
certainly beyond anything I've seen in England. Also
the fact that people work more as a team, there's no
hierachy (sp?) in the work place in the same way as
the UK, people share ideas and communicate better,
less snobbery and "you should know your place, just do
as I say" etc.
People in the US seem to work harder and better
because they know that it will be rewarded, in my
experience in the UK this is less so and can be rather
de-motivating.
I'm actually dreading going back to the UK if I don't
get this Boston job, there's absolutely nothing there
for me, the fact there are tons of jobs and
opportunities here but back in the UK I've been
looking for a decent job for over two years cheeses me
off, (I'm rambling now...).

Chris

P.S. I only just figured what [OT] means! so from now
on I won't forget to use it when necessary!

 --- Tom Scales <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > This
is really weird. I sent this on FRIDAY.  Wonder