Re: [OM] OT : Off Topic Posts are drowning out content.

Subject: Re: [OM] OT : Off Topic Posts are drowning out content.
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 13:13:38 -0700
on 7/28/01 7:24 PM, c.e.packard at packardc@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> "I know where the delete key is and I'm not afraid to use it." ;-)

I think that's supposed to be "I have a delete key and I'm not afraid to use
it!"

Every list I have been on has some OT posting. What we have here are a
broadly spread group of people who share on interest in common (among
hundreds of interests...) in Olympus cameras and lenses. I'm not even
restricting it to OM-series as I also have Pen F and Stylus, XA, and Accura
cameras. Restricting our posting to solely OM-topics, or even Olympus topics
would cause each of us to lose insight into the personalities of the other
list members. I really feel that some OT is useful, even valued, to round
out the other listers as 'real people'. Having been a part of the forum for
only a few weeks, I've come to think of several of the regular listers (you
know who you are...) as more than just Olympus camera nuts. This is a
virtual community, and any community that only communicates about one topic
and nothing else isn't a healthy community for long. Like any good
conversation, the topics here wander around and ramble a little, but
eventually they hook up to Olympus again...
--

Jim Brokaw