New OM List... [OM] OT : Off Topic Posts are drowning out content.

Subject: New OM List... [OM] OT : Off Topic Posts are drowning out content.
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 11:07:13 +1000

Its not in the spirit of antagonism Tom, its in the interest of freedom of choice to not be swamped by 200+ off topic messages. Everyone has their own needs when it comes to things like this.

Personally I am of the low quantity high quality school. Sure there is 'gold' within all the masses of postings but its getting more and more difficult to find amongst the off topic posts, virii, and spam. The digest has become a bit of a joke aswell by the sounds of it.

So I think zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx can be thought of as an addition/alternative for people frustrated with the "excessive" off topic posts, virii and spam; not a replacement to this list which has a flavour all its own.

Oben

http://www.coollist.com/subscribe.html

Name of List: zuiko

No offense, but I'll stay right here, thanks.

Tom