Re: [OM] Gitzo service sucks

Subject: Re: [OM] Gitzo service sucks
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 01:44:03 -0700
It's not easy to determine who owns whom these days. The Gitzo site claims the Vitec Group PLC in the UK, who also own Manfrotto, took control of Gitzo in 1992. Bogen is merely the distributor for Gitzo line in this country. Who might actually own Bogen is something else again.

Tris

At 12:20 PM 7/27/01 +1000, you wrote:

> Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> So far after several days, phone messages left, emails sent, I have
> yet
> to get the slightest response from Gitzo/Bogen. Seems it's easy to
> give
> a great warranty if you leave the phone off the hook. I am looking
> for a
> new lightweight tripod and Gitzo is now off the list. Anyone have a

Interesting !  I sent an email to Manfrotto (don't they own Gitzo and supply
Bogen ?) via the address on their web site (Italy) and had a phone call from the
Australian Agent the next day to answer my query.

Wayne Harridge
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge