Re: [OM] Gitzo service sucks

Subject: Re: [OM] Gitzo service sucks
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:32:18 -0700
To tell you the truth I'm wondering what's going on there, too. Not with the product, that's top drawer. But the site is 1) not well-endowed with useful information, 2) written by someone who is obviously at best weakly conversant with our language, and 3) an email response I received a few hours ago after leaving a request for same seems to have been written by the same person who wrote the abbreviated product descriptions on the Gitzo site. It seems clear to me that management's in some kind of turmoil. This could not attain if the right people were doing the hiring in key places. Gitzo doesn't want a dysfunctional English site, or one that's presented in poor English, yet there it is for all to read and shake their heads at. That tells me no one with better English skills (or even as good) has bothered to check it out. And what does that suggest?

I'll give you an example. I looked for details on the two carbon fiber walking sticks/monopods they have. The site makes mention of these, but there are no details whatsoever. Huh? You don't describe your premier offering in any given line or division? Does that make good sense to anyone here?

By the way, has anyone tried the Gitzo the sticks? Is anyone around here old enough to need one should he walk farther than a mile? (Other than yours truly, of course. <g>)

Tris