Re: [OM] OT crappie & more OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT crappie & more OT
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:00:01 -0700
The best fish I have ever tasted was not one fish but a mixture of fish.
My great-uncle was a commercial fisherman for 40 years and he would keep
all the trash fish that he couldn't sell, mostly gar,drum,carp,grennel
and such and bring them home and clean them. Then my great-aunt Eva
would get out her big pressure cooker and cook the fish, bones and all
until they all turned to mush. She'd then ladle that into a quart fruit
jar and top it off with a tablespoon of salt.  She just called it canned
fish. When she cooked it she would just mix it with crackers and eggs
and make patties that she would fry in a skillet with just a little
bacon grease. People... you don't know what you were missing.
I just wish I had taken one picture of her in that little world she
called a kitchen.

later,
mike m.