Re: [OM] OT crappie & more OT

Subject: Re: [OM] OT crappie & more OT
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:33:35 -0500 (CDT)
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:13:07 -0400, Walt Wayman wrote:

>don t think I ve ever seen crappie on a menu.

For the past several decades, the restaurants around Reelfoot Lake,
in West TN, specialized in crappie. Unfortunately, they just banned
commercial fishing in the lake, so we're reduced to choosing between
catfish and country ham. There are worse positions to be in, but
we'll sorely miss the Sunday crappie buffet.

Of course, every farm shot in 4 states still has crappie fish fries
on rainy days in the Spring so we'll survive.

A final geo-centric note: I have seldom had good catfish more than 50
miles from the Mississippi River or North of Cairo, IL. I think
people further away just don't know what to do with them.

Ob zuiko note - my favorite lens for taking pictures of crappie is
the 50/1.8.
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co