RE: [OM] OT crappie

Subject: RE: [OM] OT crappie
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:13:07 -0400
>>I must heartily voice my own personal preference for Copper River
>>Salmon.

>Jim, And I heartily second the nomination. The Copper River run is an
>eagerly awaited event around here. No pale meated bony fish that swims
>around in warm murky water eating who know what comes close.

>Mike

I?ve eaten crappie, and I?ve eaten salmon.  Crappie win, and by a good
margin, IMO.  The only other fish even close to crappie would be bluegills
(a kind of perch) or rainbow trout.  And if it ain?t lightly battered and
fried, it?s considered a misdemeanor in this part of the country.  Potatoes
are for baking, steaks for grilling, but fish are for frying.  And as for
the bones -- we pick the meat off the bones for the really little children,
or feed them salmon.  Their taste buds aren?t sophisticated enough to
appreciate the finer finny food yet.

Speaking of fish, what?s the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?
One is a bottom-dwelling, scum-sucking, garbage-eating, slimy, nasty thing.
 The other is a fish.

Walt