RE: [OM] OT crappie

Subject: RE: [OM] OT crappie
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:55:53 -0700 (PDT)
Scott wrote:
>The undisputed best-tasting fish around is the humble and
>common yellow perch (Perca flavascens).

(insert sounds of stomach growls)

Perch definitely ranks right up there at the top, but my
all-time favorite is smoked salmon from Mackinaw City, Michigan.
 I've never had better, anywhere else.  The raw, cold-smoked,
salmon that you "old world" types eat slithers down easier, but
the thought of the uncooked worms just kinda gets me.

Best seafood I've ever had was at Johnny Foxes.

Best perch?  Mom's

Oh, in Michigan we pronounce it "purch" as in "Lurch".
(character from a favorite old television show)

Now to bring it full circle, back to OM...  Oh, forget it, it's
labeled OT anyway.

Ken (you rang?) N.

...coming to you live from the center of the bicyling world...
No, not Tour De France, but RAGBRAI.  Outside my office it is
starting to look like Beijing in rush hour.