Re: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135

Subject: Re: [OM] another philosophical question about the 135
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:09:51 +0100
My first 135, back in the early 80s was a Beroflex 2.8.  It was
beautifully clear and contrasty, with good telephoto "effect"
(compression).  It took ages before I found the same quality, in a
Zuiko 135/2.8 (thanks Giles).  The 135/3.5 is nice and small, but
mine (which may be a little hazy admittedly) does not give me the
same picture-taking pleasure.  The 135/2.8 is not significantly
bigger ... subjective, non-scientific  judgement ;-).

Chris

Is there anyone who would like to give their opinion about the virtues
of the 135/2.8 over the 3.5?  my disease is worsening, and I now believe
that one is soon destined for my camera case....