Re: [OM] Help! is my T32 broken.

Subject: Re: [OM] Help! is my T32 broken.
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:20:05 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Parzival Herzog wrote:

> What I find is that when the flash is mounted (OM4, OM4T), that there
> are no viewfinder indications (flash ready, etc) that indicate that
> the camera knows that a flash is present.

As someone else suggested, try cleaning the contacts.  Try putting the
camera in auto exposure mode - the camera should fix the shutter speed
at 1/60s when the flash is switched on and powered up.  Make sure the
switch on the back of the T32 is fully to the left (TTL auto position,
just in case your calculator panel is damaged in some way).

> The camera responds (with different shutter speeds) to the light output
> of the flash,

That shouldn't happen (I assume you're in auto exposure mode) - shutter
speed should stay at 1/60s and flash output should be controlled by the
camera to give correct exposure.

> but for example if I cover the flash tube, (blocking the
> light output) the exposure is very long, but there is no "under" indication
> in the viewfinder.

It sounds like the camera does not know the flash is there.  Since
you've tried it with two camera bodies and two ways of connecting it, it
seems most likely that the T32 is at fault.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |