Re: [OM] Soligor Winders for OM Cameras?

Subject: Re: [OM] Soligor Winders for OM Cameras?
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 01:17:41 +0200
Yo,

on Fri, 20 Jul 2001 21:07:27 -0500, Curtis P. Hedman wrote:

>Anyone have any
>experience or opinions about this unit?

I bought one of them a year or two ago on everybody's favorite auction site.
It looks and feels kind of plasticy, and I agree with Andrew that putting
the tripod thread where it is was a less than brilliant idea, but the winder
works well.
I have another one almost exactly like it (no-name brand, made in Hong
Kong), same plastic housing, mechanical parts visible from the outside look
exactly alike, but w/o the timer feature, which is one of two that I bought
new around 1990 from some NY camera outfit (don't remember which one; found
it in Shutterbug at the time) for around $30.- a piece. The other one was
stolen during a motorcycle trip in Scotland a couple of years ago, along
with lots of other equipment, and I bought the Soligor to replace it. >From
their looks I suspect they were all made by the same manufacturer.
Despite their cheapish appearance, none of them has given me any trouble so
far. And although I have never needed it so far, I still think at some time
the Soligor's interval feature may come in handy.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx