Re: [OM] OM 2000 (G.Reese lament)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 2000 (G.Reese lament)
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:44:06 -0500
Hi Gary,

From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm left eyed, so the OM-2000 is potentially a problem, but I don't
recall being bothered by it.

Do you use an eyecup 1? That helps a lot.

For those unfamiliar with the problem with OM2000s and Nikons like the FG, FM2, FE2, etc. and left-eye preference, the advance lever has to be cocked about 30 degrees to allow the meter to be turned on. On the OM2000, however, this is easily defeated by removing the cover of the advance lever and the nut that holds the lever on its shaft and then reversing the oblong washer that slides into a slot in the shutter cylinder to lock the shutter. Several of us have posted more detailed instructions on how to do this in the past.

Ultimately the never-ready meter is a more insoluable annoyance of the OM2000 than the lever IMO.

Joel W.