Re: [OM] another long, mulit-subject post

Subject: Re: [OM] another long, mulit-subject post
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:09:58 -0700
John and Doug:

Strangely enough, I have never had a significant electrical problem with
my MG Midget.  It even had a functional electronic distributor (the type
that was built in to the distributor body, and hence subject to all of
the engine vibration) which I replaced with the "factory improved" unit
with a remote amplifier.  It is a 1978 model, so they may have figred
out electricals by then.  The latest issue of Sprite and Midget
indicated that many wierd electrical problems can be traced to a bad
ground between the engine block and the frame, and suggested an easy
fix.

On the other hand the carburetter (Zenith-Stromberg) and emission
control devices have proven to be a nightmare!

Bill Stanke

"John A. Lind" wrote:

> At 14:33 7/23/01, you wrote:
> >In a message dated 7/23/01 7:20:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> >bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> >

> >>Oh, and
> >>never mention Lucas electrics to an American!
> >

> >Lucas is the god of SUDDEN DARKNESS!
> >
> >Dave Dougherty
>
> We called the company "Lucas, the Prince of Darkness."

<snip>