Re: [OM] another long, mulit-subject post

Subject: Re: [OM] another long, mulit-subject post
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:33:45 -0700
At 12:50 PM 7/23/01 +0000, John L wrote:

>We called the company "Lucas, the Prince of Darkness."
>
>Don't know if the reliability is any better now than during the late-70's
>to early-80's when I replaced nearly every electrical item made by Lucas on
>a Triumph Spitfire.  Whereever possible I replaced it with something _not_
>made by Lucas.  For the sake of UK highway safety I hope it has
>improved.  One does not own a sports car with these British classics, one
>owns a hobby that requires continuous tinkering.   :-)

Here, here John,

Mind you Triumphs seemed to have a "quality control" problem all their own.
Owned TR-2, 3 and 4s and all were a nightmare. The MGs on the other hand (I
owned MG-TD, A, A Coupe, B and a Midget) were an all together different
matter. The last MGB (bought new in 1969) never gave a moments grief with
the Lucas electrical system. My son has now caught the bug and has redone
an MG Midget which has given no electircal problems at all over the past
couple of years.
Barry H