Re: [OM] Aperture Modification

Subject: Re: [OM] Aperture Modification
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:22:28 +0200

I presume that it means 'Automatic Exposure' or something similar; it is used
for cameras that have Shutter Priority exposure, in combination with the
Adaptall-2 mount (for instance Canon FD). It is not used for Olympus cameras.

regards
Roger Key

Hi,

> As far as I recall, Tamron lenses normally have an 'AE' setting after f22,
which
> is in fact f32. If you put a 2X converter on, you get f64.....

I've just checked my Tamron 1:3.8/4 80-210 CF with Tamron SP 2x converter
attached to it. The tele zoom can be stepped down to f32. Correspondently, the
reading on the converter then shows f64. What does AE mean, anyway?

Regards,

Bernd Möller