[OM] OM1 For Sale and other things

Subject: [OM] OM1 For Sale and other things
From: "Reynolds Paul \(NAP\)" <PReynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:30:43 +0100
Haven't posted for a while. Here's a reasonably long one to make up for it.
Those of a nervous disposition may prefer to skip item 3.

1) In order to fund some other photographic purchases/repairs (see later),
and having accumulated far too many OM bodies, I have reluctantly decided to
sell my Black OM1.

Before posting on E UK Bay, my local newspaper, or wherever, I would prefer
to give it a good home to someone on the list.

It's in pretty good condition, relatively unmarked. The condition of the
foam is OK, but realistically will probably need replacing in the not too
distant future. In recent times I have used it for shooting mainly B&W, and
the meter seems fine. However if anyone wishes to have a look at it before
finally committing themselves, I'll gladly send it to anywhere in the UK,
provided the recipient agrees to fund it's return if for whatever reason he
or she decides not to purchase. The asking price is around 130.00 UKP.

2) I recently purchased a Tamron 200/3.5 on UK E bay for 11UKP, which
included a Jessops lens case, skylight filter, front and rear caps, and an
Adaptall mount. This may or may not come into the Doris Fang category as I
know bu**ger all about this lens, but the price seems OK. I just wondered if
anyone has used this lens and how they found it, as I haven't had chance to
try it yet. The adaptall mount that came with it is for M*****a manual focus
and is of little use to me, and while I already have an OM version for the
90/2.5 macro, another would be useful to save changing the mount from one
lens to the other. Therefore I would like to either swop it for the OM
friendly version, or buy one if anyone has a spare and doesn't want the
M*****a version.

3) Recent threads about dropping cameras and lenses turned out to be
prophetic for me this weekend. In my case, picking up a trekker type camera
bag without zipping it up first resulted in a M*****a 9xi, an 80-200/2.8,
28-80/3.5, HSS flash, and various other odds and sods tumbling out, bouncing
from a carpet (the good news) up in the air again and onto a tiled kitchen
floor (the bad news). The lens would appear to be OK but the impact has done
little for the camera's auto focus system. Can't manually focus properly
either. Worse still after an initial inspection when every seemed OK (ha!) I
drove 50 miles to shoot some mountain biking in Ludlow only to realise there
was a problem after all. The good news, such as it is, was that I also had
in my bag an OM4 and a 28/2.8, so hopefully I came away with something,
albeit I had to risk life and limb to get close enough to fill the frame.
Conditions were such that a flash would have been really useful. Where were
my T20 and T32? At home, of course. The moral of this tale is take a proper
spare kit with you, particularly when travelling any distance. I'm sure I am
preaching to the converted in any case.

PS I haven't been able to keep up with all the digests, whatever DID happen
to Doris and Lex? I assume there is no connection between their respective
"disappearances"?

Paul Reynolds

This email transmission is confidential and intended for the
addressee only. It may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the person or organisation to
whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute, or take
any action in reliance upon it. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the
Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY