Re: [OM] "When was it made?" question

Subject: Re: [OM] "When was it made?" question
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 09:30:30 +1000
At 01:49 AM Saturday 21/07/2001, you wrote:
>        The serial number on an Olympus camera does *not* give you a
>        precise date of manufacture.  The only way to tell is to remove
>        the pressure plate and look for a code either on the back of the
>        pressure plate or on the back itself behind the pressure plate.
>        The code consists of 4 characters:

Mind you, it doesn't seem to help me figure out my date of manufacture, either -- my film chamber says "TNE6," but uses pressure plate #5. Again, nothing on the back pressure plate (other than its number).

Garth

You would think the Japanese of all people would have been more meticulous with this. Maybe they never thought their cameras would attain / maintain (almost an anagram for Maitani) such an interest later.

OC